Thursday, February 2, 2012

Girls night out 2 Feb 2012

These days, I often find myself wishing I were younger and more fab looking. My thoughts always go back to this one night where 4 of us girlfriends decided to hit a disco for a night out. I, as usual had nothing to wear. I am a Tam Bhram hence we don't have singlets and shiny stuff and high heels in our wardrobe. You might find some well-worn tops, loads of black and brown(because they go with everything) and sensible footwear. So this time my friends Chari, Pidi and Shina decided to help out. Chari and Pidi were my office colleagues. Chari gave me a velvety tiny dress which had a thin straps and a long zip at the back. It fit me perfectly. Pidi loaded me a tiny netted jacket which covered my shoulders. With a bit of make up I was ready. I had been to discos and night outs before but this time the feeling of rebellion and daring was heady.

I walked in to PL -the disco and hit the floor first. A guy silently watching me from the corner walked up to me and danced with me. He danced with me all night. Chari got a little naughty and smooched a random stranger. Pidi and Shina hurriedly looked into their drinks. Then all of a sudden...a familiar tune came on. It was Superstar...Jamelia. For some reason, that night it sounded extra nice. I started grooving only to see Pidi and Chari waving at me from the bar counter. 'How did they get up there?' I wondered.
Just as I thought these thoughts, two good looking hunks came up to me..."hey you should get up there too!"
Me? No... I don't...
Yeah ...yeah..you should. Here we will give you a lift..
Before I could say something, I was lifted as easily as air by the two gorgeous hunks onto the table.
And the crowd cheered. And then... when the beats took over, me and my girfriends rocked it!!!

Why you ask this night comes back to me? Well when I am sober, and I think back....the hunks don't seem gorgeous and I remember the guy who danced with me all night had pan masala on his breath. But the reason I remember this night fondly is- I was looking good, in a hot number, I was thin and I dare to think ...even sexy. When you are confident about the way you look, you percieve the world differently you know? It is a heady feeling.

Now after having a baby when I look at my love handles and the steadily accumulating tyres and stretch marks on my waist... it is the one fond memory that I look back at.
So let me be.

1 comment: