Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Daddy is a drag queen 31 Jan 2012

These days BB and me have been quarrelling all the time. It's about seemingly inconsequential things but they somehow snowball into these huge arguments.
So let me tell you about this one. I fell ill for like a day... 8 hours to be specific! I came home after work and suddenly got the shivers. Took a pill and conked off at night. The next day I woosily woke up to hushed typing. BB was at home! "I thought I'd work from home for a bit to you know help around" he said
 "Oh gee thanks" I mumbled. Now any couple who has been married for more than 1 year knows that when hubby and wife are at home on a "working day" you know what that means! Ok for those(non -married) who are getting a vision of cuddles and kisses...let me clear the air immediately. The married I know must have already heaved a sigh! yes it means verbal parries and little squabbles. Well, that's the way it usually turns out for me and BB. So I'm trying to discreetly avoid him until evening springs a nasty surprise.

I see the dal and milk left on the kitchen table. I distinctly remember telling him to heat it up. I do it anyway grumbling. Then this time I ask him to pack it in a tiffin box to take it to my M.I.L's house. My hubby was supposed to reach first and I was to follow a little while later. He forgets!!! Now I call him, and then we have a major squabble on the phone. Post dinner, I avoid talking to him entirely except for making those taunting sighs when he would drop something, or grumble when he was at hearing shot. Now mind this, BB refuses to fight with me in situations like these. Hence I am left with a whole lot of practiced sentences and insults in my head. So I am kreening like Mount Vesuvius with the unspent energy. He is sadistic that way.

The next morning I was getting ready to go to work. I was applying liptick when my Gubbi comes prancing into the room and points at my lipstick with her little chubby fingers.
"Mama, mujhe lipstick lagao..." "Put lipstick for me"she commands.
I oblige and screw the lipper so that nothing touches those rosy petals except the metal body. I pretend to apply. She turns and admires her reflection in the mirror.
 "Mama ye aapka lipstick hai? " "Is this your lipstick?" she asks.
"Haan beta" "yes darling", I reply.
To test the veracity of my answer she asks "ye papa ka lipstick hai?"
Without wasting a second I reply "Haan beta, Daddy is a drag queen"
And with that I burst into guffaws of laughter. I could see BB smoulder just a bit. I continued laughing and just made it slightly maniacal in the end. You know the irritating kind?

I finally had my revenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment