Sunday, January 29, 2012

What the Heck! 30 Jan 2012

I finally met Heck, Frank's half brother. The thing that shocked me about Heck is one- how white he really was and two- how young he looked. Heck is 22 years old with brownish hair, from the UK and he has blue eyes. I liked him instantly. We spoke, the conversation was easy and free flowing.
Now I have been a speech trainer for a decade (nearly) so when I start speaking with a foreigner, my tongue automatically clips off the hard t , r and d sounds which form the Indian accent. Frank (within two minutes) asked me why I was putting on an accent. I told him I wasn't. Anyway, but when Frank was talking to Heck I noticed that he was clipping his sounds too. I cattily commented on that immediately.
I was bursting to tell him that if he really had the balls he should be talking to Edna who has a fake, roll off, Punjabi mixed with american accent. Sounds worse than some of the call centre guys I have trained.
I have a good mind to splash his face with a jug of ice cold water and hear him yelp in Punjabi- Hai Mere rabba....Aee kee hoya a and then let me see Frank trying to tell him about his fake accent.
Anyway coming back to Heck. He is the sweetest boy ever! I did feel like sittting him down, combing his hair and feeding him grapes. Yes I know! that's a weird thing to say.
I mentioned it to BB who laughed his head off.

No comments:

Post a Comment